Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's Spring In Arizona!


It's Spring In Arizona!


While most of the country experiences cold, winter weather, it's spring here in the Arizona Sonoran Desert. Of course, that means SUMMER, with its oppressive heat, is just around the corner. But for now, the weather is perfect and the garden is growing! Most noticeably the citrus is blooming. I step outside in the morning and the scent of the citrus blossoms is overwhelming. Not to mention the buzzing of the bees!

Last year the hubby cleared an area between the trees and made a little patio for our bistro table, which he painted a sunny yellow. I have been trying to come up with cute little seat cushions for the chairs. Well, in a moment of inspiration, after clearing out the out-grown t-shirts from my girls' closets, I decided to make rag-rug style seat covers from the t-shirts. It has taken a bit of trial and error, but I think I have finally figured out a crochet pattern to get them done. It's a work in progress at the moment, but hope to supply pictures of the finished project soon!

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment