Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Peach Melba Iced Tea

Tea. I love tea. All kinds of tea. Black, Green, White or Herbal Infusions. Hot or iced. I love tea.

Today I want to talk about iced tea. So refreshing on a hot day.. My kids love the Peach Bellini tea at The Olive Garden. This is my take on that.

For 2 quarts:
1 Family-Sized Lipton Iced Tea Bag
2 Bags Herbal Peach Tea (such as Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion)
2 Bags Herbal Raspberry Tea (such as Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger)
Sugar, or other sweetener, to taste



Place tea bags in a 2-quart heat-proof pitcher. Pour 4 cups boiling water over tea bags. Brew 3-5 minutes. Remove Lipton tea bag. Brew 2 minutes more. Remove herbal tea bags. Stir in sugar or other sweetener to taste. I like to use a "light sugar" mixture of sugar and stevia, such as C&H. Two tablespoons makes a nice, slightly sweet tea. The kids like it a little sweeter, so sometimes I'll add as much as 1/4 cup.  Add 6 cups of ice cubes. Stir.

Ahhh. That hits the spot!  Come join me, I poured you a glass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment